Book Giveaway: 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
Congrats to our winner Audrey Des Alliers! This giveaway is now closed.
Book Giveaway: 1000 Places to See Before You Die
We’ve got some great news for our readers! We’re giving away 3 copies of the hugely popular travel book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.
The world’s bestselling travel book is back in a more informative, more experiential, more budget-friendly full-color edition. A #1 New York Times bestseller, 1,000 Places reinvented the idea of travel book as both wish list and practical guide.
We are big fans of this book and are excited to offer you the chance to win a free copy!
What’s new in the Second Edition?
- There are 600 full-color photographs and over 200 entirely new entries
- New countries: including Ghana; the Baltic nations of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania; Nicaragua; Qatar; Mozambique; Curaçao; the South Pacific island nation of Vanuatu—all formerly off the radar, part of the Soviet bloc, or lacking tourism infrastructure—now welcome travelers
- New experiences: Recognizing that travelers don’t visit just Positano or Ravello–they take the breathtaking 30-mile scenic drive down the Amalfi Coast–Patricia merged these two entries into one. Each of the 1,000 places is now a full travel experience, creating room for those 200 additional entries
- Budget-conscious suggestions: Yes, the legendary Alvear Palace Hotel in Buenos Aires is still featured, but if you don’t want to shell out 450-plus dollars a night to stay there, go for brunch—a beloved local tradition—and hang your hat instead at BoBo, a stylish, playful, and far more affordable hotel. Same goes for restaurants—along with haute cuisine, Patricia offers unbeatable neighborhood restaurants, atmospheric cafés, bistros, beach shacks, and even falafel joints
- An interactive iPad app: The world of 1,000 Places transforms into an interactive experience for today’s tech-savvy traveler. The vistas of the Gobi Desert are now truly only a finger swipe away. A choice between photo and map views creates new and exciting ways to explore. An interactive “bucket list,” the app acts as a travel log of the places you’ve been and the places you want to go
Every entry from the original edition has been readdressed, rewritten, and made fuller, with more suggestions for places to stay, restaurants to visit, festivals to check out.
And throughout, the book is more budget-conscious, starred restaurants and historic hotels such as the Ritz,but also moderately priced gems that don’t compromise on atmosphere or charm.
How can YOU win a FREE copy of ’1,000 Places to See Before You Die‘?
Entering this giveaway is super easy.
Simply tell us what place you want to see before you die by leaving a comment below — use your real name and email in case you’re the lucky winner!
*Increase your chance of winning by also leaving a comment on our other travel blog – Traveling Canucks
Details of the Giveaway
- Only one entry per day (multiple entries are allowed and encouraged)
- Entrants must leave a comment below in order to win (leave your proper name and email so that we can notify you if you win)
- Contest ends on Friday, May 18, 2012
- Book will only be shipped to Canada or US mailing addresses (no PO Boxes)
- Total of 3 books available between both websites (2 winners selected from Traveling Canucks, 1 winner from Tips for Baby Travel)
- Winners will be randomly selected and announced on our facebook page
About the Author: Patricia Schultz is the author of the international bestsellers 1,000 Places to See Before You Die (now with over 3 million copies in print and translated into 25 languages) and 1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die. A veteran travel journalist with 25 years of experience, she has written for BusinessWeek, Oprah, and Real Simple. She also executive-produced a Travel Channel television show based on her book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. Her home base is New York City.
Order a copy of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die on Amazon.com or get the Kindle version of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die